Saturday 5 January 2013

The Sky Is The Limit

Hi blog friends.

I think the title of today's post is one that we should all think about when we are crafting - the sky is the limit, and the limit is the sky. We can do anything we want to do so let's just reach out!!


Click on image to enlarge picture

The picture is not good I'm afraid. It just didn't really get light today and the flash is bouncing off the pearlescent card. Sorry about that.

The stamped image is from Our Daily Bread Designs "Bird and Butterfly Labels"set, which are designed to go with Spellbinders labels 18 and which I stamped with  an Anna Griffin green pigment ink. The sentiment is another ODBD stamp, this time from the "Keep Climbing" set.  I have used both these sets previously but not used either of these stamps. The butterflies are Marianne Creatables.  The backing papers, ribbon and the iridescent shimmer dots are all from my stash. I love the way these iridescent dots pick up whatever colours you are using and then become a perfect match.

Well, it's a very simple card but at least I have now got something finished!

Have a good day! Love from Christine x



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, yes the sky is the limit. We can reach it by trying new ideas and stretching our imagination. Your card is lovely, so subtle colours and love the design.

Wilma x x

Sue said...

I'll try again as my last message disappeared!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the design, wonderful colours and such a fabulous sentiment too.
I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine, great design and just love the sentiment...I am having the same trouble getting decent photos, the days seems to be so dark...

Anne

janieworkum said...

Prachtige kaart Christine, prachtige kleuren , je kaart is fijntjes afgewerkt.
groetjes Janie

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Christine. I agree the pearlescent card is a nuisance to photograph.

Karla said...

Prachtige kaart Christine.

Groetjes Karla

Lorraine said...

Lovely card Christine. Gorgeous colours and a perfect sentiment.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi Christine lovely card and really nice sentiment, my blogger has decided to have a dicky fit!! LOL I'm still trying to sort it out oh well no rest for the wicked huggles hun xxxxx

melanie said...

Great card just love the colours Melanie

Carole Z said...

Lovely card Christine, beautiful stamp, Carole Z xx

Patricia said...

Christine, This is a stunningly beautiful, simple card. I love how delicate it is.

Patricia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
wonderful card as you say pity about the picture. My hubby gives me tips on photography as he was a very keen on it a few years ago.
So if you don't mind I will give you some tips he gave me.
I always put A3 white card behind and under my item I want to catch. This reflects and brings colour into your phot. I don't know if you have ever seen photographers how they use white umberellas to get their desired effect. As much white around a dark card as you can, and dark around a white card. I never use flash I always use my lamp overhead that I use for crafting.
I hope this helps, or maybe you already know about this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
Thought it was time to drop a line, I have been popping in quiet regularly to peek at your lovely creations.
Today's card is so subtle, the sentiment is lovely.
I loved the Wedding card and box from the previous post, it was Absolutely Beautiful. You have made some stunning projects over these last few months, you are a talented lady.
Look forward to what you will create in this New Year, All the best for now.
Michelle(happy2craft)

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hello again, told you I'd be back.
Love your card today Christine. It's simplicity creates an elegant style and I think it makes it very classy. Lovely colour scheme too.
Hugs Linda xxx