Tuesday 5 February 2013

Glittery Trees

Hello friends. Today I have done something totally different and way out of my comfort zone.  But you've got to try different things.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

A while ago I bought a couple of Sweet Poppy stencils and some paste, but never actually got round to attempting to use them - until now! I used silver paste and three different shades of ultra fine glitter which I sprinkled on at an angle. The glitters I used were Crystal, Holo Silver and Silver. I didn't want the different glitters to be so different that the changes in colour stood out  like a sore thumb, so I mixed some of them together. I actually managed to remove the stencil without any damage but unfortunately I was a bit too impatient and thought it was dry and it wasn't! That is why it is smudged down the left hand side. However, I am quite pleased with my first effort, and next time I will be more patient!!

It is very bright and dry here, but the wind is bitterly cold. so definitely a day for me to be tucked up inside - warm and crafting!!

Have a good day everybody!

Love and hugs from Christine xx

20 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Oh my word Christine this is gorgeous love, love, love it
jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

This is great Christine and if there is a smudge I could not see it. I wish I could move out of my comfort zone.

Lia said...

Christine, this is amazing!!
What a 'bright' idea. It makes me enthusiast for trying this myself!
xxx Lia

Rita said...

What a stunning effect Christine. I bought that paste at the SECC in Glasgow and loved using for Christmas cards. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous Christine...glad to see you trying one of my favourite crafty things! I love using these pastes with different mediums, Carole Z X

Sonia said...

Wowwwwwwwwww^_^
What a stunning card^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Doreen said...

Wow this is stunning,love what you have done here.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Christine what a stunning card just love the tree stencil...just love the paste with all its sparkle

Anne

janieworkum said...

Prachtige kaart, de bomen zijn net echt. Prachtig stencil
groetjes Janie

Anonymous said...

truly stunning & can b used for many occasions

Sue said...

This is really lovely Christine its so pretty I love it!! A friend bought me some pots of glitter paste for christmas but I havent tried them out yet but I just might now LOL its really bitterly cold here today I've defrosted myself after being down on Saltburn beach with Ollie! huggles hun xxxx Sue J xxx

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Christine. I really LOVE the effect of the different coloured glitters and I honestly cannot see any smudges! Well done to you for trying something different.
I hope you have a good evening
Sue

Oksana said...

Beautiful Christine! This paste and glitters give a lovely effect. These are on my ever growing wish list!x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I love this card such a wonderful effect. Never tried anything like this myself.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. I love the trees and the effect you've achieved.
Lorraine x

Patricia said...

Oh! WOW!! I love this, the effect is so beautiful. A wonderful card.
I saw this done at SECC back in Nov,I was tempted. Might have another look at this technique

Have a Great Day

Planetsusie said...

Well if there is a smudge there Christine, a blind man would be glad to see it!! I love this techinique and had a go at a workshop many years ago - it certainly is effective. I love the glitter you have used. A great card.

Big hugs Sue Pxxxx

Hope you are both well.

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Christine! Fab work! Hugs

Vicky said...

Hi Christine, a great sparkly and pretty card

hugs Vicky xxx

May said...

This is Beautiful Christine.. I love the effect.. the texture is fabulous.. Gorgeous image... I love glitter... Hugs May x x x