Friday 8 February 2013

We Are Special

Hi everybody! I've had quite a busy week and so not a lot of time for crafting. Well, that's not strictly true.I have been playing around with a few things, different techniques etc but not actually made a finished project.  However, I have managed a card today. I'm not quite sure what happened here, but I started  out to make  a Christening card which is why it is  pink and white. So much for that! Ah well, I have time enough for that later.

My card
Click on image to enlarge picture

The card is white pearlescent  6x6. I used Martha Stewart Trellis Border punch and cut four lengths from the same white card then mitred the corners to make a frame which I  matted onto pale pink card, then  onto darker pink and finally onto the pale pink again before attaching it all to the base card. Using Spellbinders Classic Squares Large I diecut a frame from the dark pink card and attached it to the centre. I diecut a SB Labels 16 from the white pearlescent card and whilst it was still in the frame I  sponged it with pink ink. It doesn't show in the picture but looks fine in real life. I then stamped the LOTV sentiment in black Memento ink and attached it with foam pads.  The lace, ribbon and pearls are all from my stash. The ribbon is a perfect match for the dark pink card - more luck than judgement I think!

Well that's all from me today. I hope you are all looking forward to a relaxing  weekend - particularly you ladies who work! 

Love and hugs from Christine xx

22 comments:

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart Christine, zo mooi van kleur
groetjes Janie

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I love the background & colours...& Beautiful sentiment! Hugs May x x x

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Christine love your trellis background and gorgeous colours

Anne

Sue said...

Oh this is really nice Christine love that background and colours are perfect huggles hun Sue J xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine love that backing and the colours what a super sentiment
jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Christine. Well done on the background. I had this punch and could never get the cut right so I gave up trying. It's all really lovely.

Karla said...

Schitterende kaart Christine, prachtige kleuren en mallen heb je gebruikt.
Fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Rom-a said...

wspaniałe połączenie kolorów, urocza karteczka...

Unknown said...

You've done really well with this Christine, the ribbon, pin and colours all compliment each other so well. Love the frame, I also tried the frame a while ago with dodgy results - might give it another go - you've inspired me again.
Happy crafting,
Elaine

Sue said...

This is really gorgeous Christine. I love the way you have used the border punch to create the most amazing frame. The colours are so pretty and the sentiment is beautiful.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the details and colours.xx

Rita said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine. I love the mitred look on the MS punch it really does give it dimension. Colours are perfect. Hugs Rita xx

Anonymous said...

love that border punch & the sentiment a great card hope you have a relaxing weekend too

Crafty Lark said...

Beautifully matched, love the whole effect. xx Flora

Unknown said...

Lovely card, I know the feeling you start wih one idea and as you go along the whole concept changes. The ribbon is a perfect match and your design is gorgeous.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
WOW!! a stunning card, I love what you have done with that border punch, actually love everything you done on this card.
Have a Great Weekend.

Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Christine, your card is stunning I just love everything about it. Hazel

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. I love all the dies and lovely design.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

melanie said...

What a corker of a card ,love everything about it .Melanie X

Sonia said...

Just wonderful card my dearest friend:)
Very elegant work:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Carole Z said...

This is a lovely card Christine, I really like the way you have created the background with the trellis punch, Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

This is beautiful Christine - love the way you have used the dies and the pearls. This is such a gorgeous pink as well!

A really elegant creation.

Hugs to you my blog bud - Sue Pxxx