Saturday 10 June 2017

Anything Goes At The Christmas Card Club

Good afternoon. I can't believe how quickly these two weeks come round.  It's time for another card for our little club. Sylvie has chosen a very easy "Anything Goes" challenge for us this time.  This was great for me because I have had such a busy few weeks.  I was also away in Liverpool for a couple of days earlier in the week at The National Federation of Women's Institutes Annual Meeting.

 I also had a bit of a mishap.  Somehow I managed to fall down the stairs from top to bottom a few days ago. Fortunately nothing broken but I was very shaken and covered in bumps, bruises, grazes etc.  Sitting down is very difficult because I landed heavily on the top stair on my hip and thigh before sliding the rest of the way on my back - only stopping my when my feet reached the wall at the bottom. I also managed to twist my right thumb and really bang the right elbow.  I look like I am wearing "Joseph's Amazing Technicoloured Dream Coat" ... lol!    Poor John, who was in the kitchen, thought I was never going to stop - all he could hear was thud! thud! thud!  As you can imagine, I have struggled with  cards so Anything Goes was a real bonus. Thank you for that Sylvie!

My Card


Recipe
6" square scalloped base card
turquoise card - Lime Tree Crafts
backing paper and toppers - Polkadoodles - magazine freebie 
(from 2011 would you believe!!)
punched snowflakes
red gems

This is not my normal style of card at all but it works I think. And the bonus was nothing to do but a few scissor strokes, some glue and foam tape for mounting the toppers.  I don't think I have ever made such a quick card in all my life!! It just goes to show that if you keep something long enough it will come in useful!

Well that's it for now.  A much better day today and the sun is shining. Hurray!

Take care and enjoy the weekend.




13 comments:

dutchess said...

Oh Christine what a horrible fall that sounds,glad you haven't broken anything ....and you were still able to craft!.....love the card, I love polkadoodles stuff and it's so colourful....great make xxxx

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Christine, that was some tumble you took. Glad nothing was broken but things will hurt for a few days.
Love your beautiful card, the colours and design are brilliant.
Take care
Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Goodness me Christine, what a fall you've taken, lucky to have not broken anything, just need to take it easy just now.
Your card is fabulous, I really love the colours and design, I'm glad too of the Anything Goes theme, take care Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
oh you poor thing that must have shaken you up so.
Hope your Joseph technicolours get better soon and there is no lasting damage.
Your card is wonderful and such a very super design.
I am surprised you did manage to make one.
Love and big crafty gentle hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

aussie aNNie said...

Gosh, take care hope you are ok.
Lovely card though and you did well considering your fall.xx [aNNie]

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Goodness Christine that was a nasty fall but so glad you didn't break anything although you will be sore for a time, take it easy and look after yourself.
A gorgeous card with a strikingly bold and pretty colour combo.
Lorraine

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, my you were so lucky not to break anything! Hope the bumps and bruises are healing ok. Love the card, really fun and such zingy colours. The trees are awesome. I can believe the freebie paper from so long ago- every now and then I come across some- mainly from Making Cards- that must be many years old. Hugs, Shaz Xx

Gibmiss said...

Oh Christine you pootr thing... so easily done... hope you are a bit better now...
Fabulous card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Carol said...

Ouch Christine...put more water in it! Hope you're starting to feel better now. You've made a fab job with the card despite your best endeavours to maim yourself, this is lovely. Carol x

rachel said...

oh my Christine - you sound like you have been lucky not to break anything. I hope you heal quickly. Your card is lovely. Big gentle hugs Rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Your fall downstairs sounds horrendous . Hope your feeling better as each day passes. Your card is fab and has a lovely contemporary look to it. Hugs Mrs A.

Rita said...

Sorry to hear of your fall Christine. I guess it will be a few weeks till all returns to normal. Your card really is beautiful considering your condition when you made it too. Real Christmas feel about this one too. Get Well Soon . Hugs Rita xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Blimey gal. Time to get a Stannah eh, lol!
It's a wonder you're not in a sling or traction.
Your card definitely works. Has a lovely Nordic feel.
You take care now.
Ang x