Saturday 20 April 2013

New Hat

Good afternoon dear friends - and what a glorious afternoon it is too!  There is a quote which is very suitable - "No Winter lasts forever, No Spring skips it turn" by Hal Borland.  It might be very late in coming but let's hope it is here to stay and not just a fleeting visit.

I would like to say thank you for all the kind thoughts you sent my way yesterday. Funerals are never pleasant but it was a very fitting tribute to a very lovely lady who will never be forgotten

My Card
                       Click on image to enlarge picture.
      Sentiment on pull out tab

I have used an LOTV topper and the backing papers are Papermania Lincoln Linen, which I really love. The corner dies are Cuttlebug and are just called Vintage. The pull out tab is one of the SB Damask Accents. I need to reposition the pearl because I applied it before I had decided which sentiment I would use. The pearl needs to go into the sun I think.  Don't we all!! The pearls are from my stash. You know I really must check my Cuttlebug stuff more often because there are some pretty dies in there.

Well that's it from me. Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Love and hugs from Christine xx

17 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous Christine love your image and your lovely colour choice
jacqui x

melanie said...

Beautiful card christine and the colours are great .Melanie

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and beautiful soft colours.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous ,love the image,great design.xxx

Carol said...

Love this Christine, fab colours, topper and dies. Carol x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Christine lovely image and great colours

Anne

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
beautiful card, and a very lovely and cute image. Love the papers used too.
So glad the weather has improved it does lift the spirits quite a bit, the warmer weather and lovely sunshine.
Have a wonderful and crafty day tomorrow.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. The topper looks fabulous and I love the design.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card Christine, the muted colours are lovely. I'm off to check out my SB dies now!
Elaine

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Love the papers and the marvellous colours you have used.

Sonia said...

Happy Sunday my dear friend^_^
Your new creation is just wonderful^_^Very beautiful image^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Dee said...

Hope you enjoy your day at the BCM, it's well worth a visit, not too far away from where I was Born.... Hugs Dee x

Patricia said...

Beautiful card Christine I love the image,pretty papers and colours

Patricia xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, what a really sweet card..very pretty! Carole Z X

pinky said...

Love her new hat, gorgeous card.

Brawny x said...

What a darling image. I love the colour way you have chosen too. Nice!
Best wishes
Lea