Sunday 11 August 2013

CCC Challenge - "Oh Carol"

Good morning dear friends and fellow bloggers. Hope this finds you all fit and well and creative!  I have just spent a fabulous week with my sister in the north east!  Lots and lots of gossip and giggles!!!  I do wish we lived nearer to each other, but we do have a fabulous time when we get together so I mustn't be greedy!  I had no access to computer or t'internet and I also  had a craft-free week.  It was all very relaxing.

This morning I am back with a card for the Christmas Card Club Challenge.  Today's choice was made by Asha and the remit was "Oh Carol - your favourite carol or festive tune".  The carol I have chosen to depict is "Away in A Manger".  It isn't actually my favourite -  although I do love it.

My Card

Click on image to enlarge picture



Inside

Rather a lot of pictures I'm afraid, but I tried to show the card from each side, and unfortunately the sun reflected off the mirri card.

My closed card is 6" x 6 ". The image and sentiment I have used are digi stamps from Pink Gem Designs, coloured with Promarkers and diecut with SB Lacy Circles.  I have made a gate fold card which I haven't done for ages so it made a nice change.  I used Centura Pearl and gold mirri card.  I used the Swiss Dots folder from Cuttlebug for the  sides of the gate fold. After diecutting the flowers and leaves I added lots of glitter. The label was die cut from SB Fancy Tags.  Gold gem stones finished off the front of the card.  I don't always decorate the inside of my cards unless it's for a special occasion but  I made a feature inside this one because of the gate fold effect.

I am now looking forward to visiting all your blogs again and seeing what everybody has been up to during my absence!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/august-challenge.html
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-57-christmas-in-july.html
http://craftinboutiquechallenges.blogspot.pt/2013/08/christmas.html
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-92-anything-goes.html
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/cute-christmas.html

34 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning card Christine. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Great to have you back in the fold, missed your posts. Lovely card filling the remit. So well designed but only to be expected from a talented lady.

Wilma x x x

Unknown said...

I wondered where you had got to! I nearly emailed you to see if you were all right glad you had a good time with your sister.

This is a lovely card Christine. The detail is gorgeous a lot of work but so worth it.

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Beautiful card Christine love your sweet little image and flowers
nice to see you back
jacqui x

Karla said...

Prachtige kerstkaart Christine.

Groetjes Karla

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kerstkaart Christine
Gerrie xx

Peanut said...

Oh WOW!!! This is stunning, Christine! Love all the glitter and shine - my perfect Christmas! I had trouble picking a tune for my challenge too. LOL. It's such a magical time of year - so hard to pick a favourite. Have a blessed Sunday, my friend!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and pretty die cuts.
Glad you had a lovely week with your Sister.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the sweet image, wonderful embossing and beautiful flowers.
Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine - very elegant.

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,fabulous image and lovely design.xxx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Christine, I love it.
Glad you had a good time with your sister. It is great to get together and just "chat"
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Great take on the Challenge... Fabulous card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Crafty Lark said...

Love your carol card Christine, gorgeous layout, love the fold and embellishing. Very pleased to see you posting. xx Flora

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a stunning card. I too love that super image. Such a cute one.
Great design as always. So superbly created as always.
Glad to have you back I have missed my dear blog friend.
It is so nice to meet up with your sister though, you just can't beat it. I too love to visit my sister, sadly not often enough.
Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

This is absolutely delightful Christine - great image!! The diecuts are beautiful with this card as well. My only problem going round all the CCC cards is that I am trilling away to every carol and my voice hasn't warmed up yet!!!!! Oh sorry, I am now giggling again because I don't think it ever will!!! lol.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Mind you we did make a record when I was in the Junior Choir at school. We did a concert in the Theatre Royal Nottingham - too much information????

janieworkum said...

Een schitterende kaart Christine
groetjes Janie

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, nice to see you back and to hear that you had such a lovely time with your sister.

Your card is just wonderful, lovely gatefold design and the image is so sweet. Beautiful frosty dies too, hugs Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

SUch a lovely card Christine and the little image made me smile...Pleased you had great time with your sister

Anne

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous card and a super carol to choose to depict. This is so lovely for Asha's CCC challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Christine glad you had such a wonderful time! I meet up with ScrappyMo and Sue P in a couple of weeks!!! I cant wait LOL poor Scarborough huggles hun this is totally gorgeous Sue xxx

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine Love it all... so glad you & your sister had a fun week with lots of laughs...it's nice to have you back... Hugs May x x x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, it's good to have you back and glad you had a good time with your sister. Your card is lovely, such a cute image! Carole Z X

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, this is just wonderful, I love it. Super image and layout and fab colours.
Time spent with family is so precious.
Hugs Sue W.

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see more of your Christmas crafting soon. x

Unknown said...

Beautiful.
Josie
My personal blog:) !!!
Thank you for joining in the fun at Craftin' Boutique:) !!!

dutchess said...

A really beautiful card and such a lot of work!....you are good doing the insides ....and that image is so sweet...and yes I guessed away in the manager.....hugs margaret

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Christine. I just LOVE this and all the extravagant and elegant touches. Great job, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us this week.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Hazel said...

I'm back again to thank you for entering your gorgeous card into the CCAYR 'fussy and fancy' challenge, Hazel, DT x

downrightcrafty said...

absolutely gorgeous thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland
hugs Kate xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully embellished. Lovely cute image too.
Thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland Cute Christmas challenge and good luck x Susan x

scrappymo! said...

Oh Christine, this is so gorgeous. Such fabulous shimmer and glimmer on this one.
I love the image of course but also the shimmery ivory you chose for the poinsettias and the floral leaf sprays.
Received your email and had a little giggle. It is a small world!
For some reason I thought you lived in Scotland! I don't know why I thought that...just a mix-up in my wee brain...We were in Oxford for a day...it was so lovely. If I had realized I would be in your general vicinity I would have emailed you to see about the geographics of grabbing a coffee together!!!

Ah well, we will return within 3 years...maybe for 6 months or more next time!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine, love the sweet image. Carol x

Teresa Abajo said...

What a sweet card - and the shiny gold makes it all the more special. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR!