Friday 22 April 2016

Winter Blossoms at Winter Wonderland

Good morning.  We had a couple of glorious days and then wham! Back to cold and windy.  Ah, the good old British weather!

This is my DT post for the Winter Wonderland challenge "Winter Blossoms" which was chosen by Marie . This isn't the card I planned to make.  I have a lovely John Lockwood poinsettia stamp set I got last year but could I find it?  Of course I could - but not until I had gone with Plan B!  Instead of being in the box with my Christmas stamps I had inadvertently put it with the sentiment stamps.  Never mind, this is one of my favourite Christmas stamps anyway and so I added the poinsettia die cuts and holly to fit in with the winter blossom theme.

Our sponsors this time are Bugaboo Stamps who are giving seven  images from their online store, and the Craft Barn, who are offering a £10 voucher to spend in store.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" tent fold card - made from Papermania card stock
A2 Bracket Borders One - Spellbinders
Midnight Clear background stamp - Our Daily Bread Designs
Poinsettia dies - Marianne 
Holly Vine die - Memory Box
Pearls - Hobby House

I used the bracket border to shape the base of the card and coloured a border with the same ink I used for stamping. I'm sorry that it's not a very clear image.

We would love you to join in so please pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the DT. Please remember that we only accept Christmas projects!

Have a great day.  Take care.





16 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely card, I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one who can't find things.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Christine, xxxx

Jo said...

Love this Christine, especially the shaped card bottom. Have a lovely weekend.
hugs Jo x

Kath said...

A fabulous card - a great design and lovely colours too.
Kath x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine, love the pretty flowers
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Wonderful stamp and card. I'm liking that holly vine too.
I have the stamp of John's you mentioned and have yet to use it so I may have to fish it out as I have a bit of craft time at the moment.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine what a gorgeous card, I love everything you've done here. Fabulous music score stamp and your poinsetia and vine are wonderful, fabulous design too, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a gorgeous monotone design and beautiful stamp too, love this.
Lorraine

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Christine - Christmas music is my all time favorite music of all!
sandy xx

Lia said...

I am a bit late with my comment because we spent 5 wonderful and warm days in Austria with friends. Back here: cold!! with hail, snow and rain.....
Anyway: I like your card very much! The music stamp is a real beauty and I did not know it. I am going to put it on my wishlist!
Lia xx

Lia said...

I am a bit late with my comment because we spent 5 wonderful and warm days in Austria with friends. Back here: cold!! with hail, snow and rain.....
Anyway: I like your card very much! The music stamp is a real beauty and I did not know it. I am going to put it on my wishlist!
Lia xx

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous what a fab stamp it's so lovely and the embellishments are perfect love and hugs Carole x

Pam said...

What a lovely card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Brawny x said...

Just love this card Christine. Just fab x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Christine

Anne

thecraftycavalier said...

I love this card :-) The background stamp is just beautiful. Love the colours too. Hugs, Jayne x