Saturday 14 May 2016

CCC Snowy Trees

Good morning to you all and I hope it finds you all well. Thanks for dropping by. This is my card for our Christmas Card Club, which is not actually due until tomorrow, but since I have another DT card due then I am posting a day earlier as I normally do.  The theme this week is Snowy Trees and it was my choice. We take it in turn to choose the theme which makes it interesting.

My Card



Inside Card


Recipe
6" x 6" base card
Duotone blue card - Penniesworth
Background paper - "Snowboarder Girl" from The Paper Shelter
Pierced Noble Rectangles - Sue Wilson
Icicle die - Joycrafts
Frosted Spruce & Frosted Pine dies - Memory Box
Sentiment stamp - Inkylicious

I added glitter to the background trees and Twinklets Diamond Dust to the die cut trees. I put some sellotape across the bottom of the stamp which allowed me to just stamp the word "Winter".  For the inside of the card I used the same background paper but faded it.  I then moved the sellotape so that it covered the word Winter and was then able to stamp the second part of the stamp for the insert.

This was such an easy card to make but I really like it.  It could also be used for a winter/Christmas  birthday I guess.  I had a friend whose birthday was Boxing Day and he rarely got birthday cards, which is such a shame.

Anyway that's all from me today.

Take care.



14 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine that paper has a really icey look to it and your trees look fabulous on it....xxxxx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful design Christine, gorgeous card, xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what a gorgeous card, wonderful design and all the beautiful glitter, I love it.
Thanks for the challenge I always love trees, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous snowy scene, love the papers and design
Lorraine x

Kath said...

A beautiful card - love the snowy scene and the glitter.
Kath x

rachel said...

awesome work - I adore this! Brilliant!!! hugs rachel x

MaryH said...

Wow, you've completed TWO beautiful cards, and I've not even started. These are just lovely, and the icicles on #1 look way too realistic! great work on each card..with loads of glitter. I like that pattern that shows at the top edge of each card. Ice patterns? TFS

Sandy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I mean to tell you - all of y'all knock my socks off. Your card is snowy beautiful!
sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

Thanks for a great theme. Snowy trees I have an abundance of!! I love he Ickes hanging down over the card and the lovely icy feel of the card. We have two family members who have their birthdays on Christmas Eve . Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

What a gorgeous wintery scene Christine...love this. Thanks for a great challenge. Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
This is stunning. I almost feel like going "Brrrr" as yo have captured the chill winter scene beautifully.
Ang x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card... Loving those trees...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Zoe Tant said...

Wow Christine what a stunner. Really beautiful card. Zx