Saturday 12 November 2016

The Most Famous Reindeer

Good morning to you all.  It's time for another card for the Christmas Card Club.  This time our theme is "Reindeer" and was chosen by Lorraine.   As you can see, I have chosen the most famous reindeer of all ... lol! I am a day early with my card  (unlike last time when I was about five days late!) but I have another DT card to post on Sunday.

My Card



Recipe
5" x 7"  card - cream pearlescent  card Crafter's Companion
die - magazine freebie
sentiment - computer generated
plaid card - a scrap from my snippets box

The light has been really bad to take a picture. The first picture didn't show the lovely bronze colour of the reindeer but the other makes the white card look blue although does give a better impression of the reindeer.  In the end I decided to show two images and crop the second one. The bronze paper is from one of the Paper Blox from Craftwork Cards which I have had about 15 years and just came across it the other day with hardly any papers used from it.  Absolutely gorgeous silvers, pewters, bronze and another colour which I cannot describe other than to say it is fabulous and I'm glad I came across this pad. 
I have also made some A6 cards using the same die cut and sentiment but haven't managed to photograph them yet.

Hope everybody is well.

Take care.

Entered into : 12 Months of Christmas

18 comments:

Wendy L said...

So sweet Christine, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, love the image.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

He really is a fabulous reindeer....and I love the plaid card to highlight the red of the nose....great idea.enjoy the weekend Christine it's wet and miserable here so I will be crafting ...hugs xxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, lovely reindeer image, and papers, super design too, Kate x

Doreen said...

Love the image,this is gorgeous.xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely die Christine and you have created a beautiful CAS design card. I love the added plaid paper and glittery gold details. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week, hope you liked it.
Lorraine

Lia said...

I love this stunning CAS card! These type of cards are so difficult to make....
Lia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a super card, and such a gorgeous Rudolf.
The paper you have used to cut him out is superb, and looks so wonderful.
I love his gorgeous rednose too.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Babs said...

I do love this card, and your Reindeer is so lovely, fab sentiment too.

Hugs Babs

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card... love the reindeer....
Hugs Sylvie xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, glad to be in the group! Love the card, funny, I came across a batch of the Paper Blox card pads the other day too! You're the only other person I know who has any, lol. Some of the colours are lush, I agree. Hugs, Shaz xx

Rita said...

Hi Christine. What a lovely card, that beautiful reindeer is doing a happy dance too. Stunning card. Hugs Rita xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Well, I think Prancer and Vixen are getting very jealous of Rudolf's notoriety lol!
Fabulous card and yes, the lighting is getting a pain now. Was thinking of getting one of those light tent things.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine...a lovely reindeer and the plaid is the perfect finishing touch. Carol x

Sandy said...

"The most famous reindeer of all!" - I admit it - you have me sing Rudolph The Red-nose Reindeer!
Love your card!
Sandy xx

MaryH said...

Love your leaping Rudolph with the fabulous sparkle on his antlers and the flourish cut out. So pretty with the red & white plaid bottom border. It looks just great! TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

lovely make Christine! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Slowly catching up. I really like the swatch of gingham paper with the gorgeous bonze of the majestic reindeer. Love his nose. hugs Mrs A.