Sunday 5 March 2017

Fancy Borders

Good morning and I'm here with another DT project for International Art & Soul challenge #3 and we are asking you to use fancy borders.  IA&S is  a Just For Fun challenge but we have some lovely banners for the winners so I do hope you will pop over to to the blog and see what my teamies have made for this challenge.  Maybe you will be inspired to join in.

Please scroll down to see my Christmas Card Club entry

Instead of a card I actually made a box of cards as a gift.  The inspiration for the box was seeing a pack of cards in the shop at a National Trust property.  I thought I'm sure I can make something similar, and this is what I came up with.  I used a mini brad as the closure.

My Project



Recipe
white pearlescent card
pink pearlescent card
5 " square scalloped cards
Spellbinders e/f - Dainty Dots
Spellbinders - A2 Bracket Borders One
Britannia - small and medium rose
Britannia - fern wreath strip
pearls from stash

Well that's it from me today. Have a good day and enjoy what's left of the weekend.






10 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
What a lovely gift.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Beautiful cards and box Christine, xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Very pretty cards Christine and the folder is gorgeous. What a lovely gift this will make. xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful embossing, beautiful border, beautiful box with beautiful cards to go in it. Beautiful! Hazel x

International Art & Soul said...

Oh WOW Christine, what a truly fabulous gift you have made, I just love this creation and can feel all your texturising form here hahahaha. A great way to demonstrate the use of fancy borders, not only on your box but with each scalloped edge card too :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous project, very pretty design
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous gift idea, your cards and box are all so beautiful, wonderful border die on the box, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very super idea to create something so very pretty and useful too.
Love the wonderful designs and your flowers are so beautiful.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Gorgeous set of cards and box. What a wonderful gift idea.
Hope you and John are well.
Ang x

Margaret said...

Beautiful cards. Love the cut out border. Flowers are my passion. Anyone would love to receive these. Maggie, DT Teamie